As a parent / carer of a member of the Club, adult members and / or volunteer, you are expected to abide by the following code.
- Inform the coach of any specific health requirements or medical conditions of my child and / or myself in advance of the coaching session by completion of a club membership form or a parental consent form
- Advise the coach if my child has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than a parent / carer, giving details of the arrangement including who will be collecting my child, when and at what time
- Encourage my child to learn the rules and play within them
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials
- Help my child to recognise good performance, not just results
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all
- Never punish or abuse a child for losing or making mistakes
- Publicly accept officials’ judgments and teach children to do likewise
- Support my child’s involvement and help him / her to enjoy his / her sport
- Use correct and proper language at all times
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not mine
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- Show appreciation and respect for coaches, volunteers, officials and administrators. Remember, without them, your child could not participate
- Treat volunteers and participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – do not bully or defame others via social media, remember that my actions reflect on the Club as well as myself.